Types Of Car Accidents
With over three million car accident injuries occurring annually,car accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury nationwide. Car accidents can result in physical injuries,property damage, financial losses, and sometimes can lead to wrongful death to unsuspecting victims and their families.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Connecticut auto accident, you may be eligible to recover losses for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and other damages associated with the accident. With this in mind, it is important to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer that is familiar with Connecticut injury law to help you decide your best options in pursuing justice for your claim.
To find out how we may be of service, simply fill out the Free Case Evaluation form – it’s 100% free!
An auto accident can happen in an instant, but the effects from a serious collision can last a lifetime. Generally, the severity of injuries and property damage depends on the type of car accident that has occurred.
There are five types of collisions: rear-end, side-impact, sideswipe, rollover and head-on:
- Rear-End Collisions– This type of accident occurs when a vehicle crashes into the car directly in front of it. Rear-end collisions usually happen when the vehicle in front suddenly hits the brakes or slows down, or when the following car accelerates too quickly.
- Side-Impact Collisions– Also known as being broadsided or as a T-bone collision, this type of accident refers to the side of one vehicle getting hit by either the front or rear of another vehicle or fixed object.
- Sideswipe Accidents– Sideswipe accidents happen when a car touches or “swipes” either another vehicle moving in the same direction or a fixed object like a mailbox. Usually, sideswipe accidents only result in property damage.
- Rollover Wrecks– A rollover accident happens when a vehicle flips onto its side or onto its roof, typically due to a driver taking a sharp turn at a high speed. Rollover accidents are common in Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs).
- Head-On Collisions– These types of accidents are defined as the collision of the front ends of two separate vehicles, or the front end of one vehicle with a fixed object, such as a tree or telephone pole. Arguably the worst type of car accident, head-on collisions are the most likely type of auto accident to be fatal.
While hit-and-run accidents are a common type of collision, they generally do not fall under the criteria used in this analysis.
Connecticut Auto Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Connecticut car accident, it is important to contact a knowledgeable car accident attorney right away to begin exploring your legal options. You may be eligible to receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, emotional anguish and other damages related to the accident.
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, our Connecticut auto accident attorneys have the resources and the expertise necessary to successfully prepare and litigate your car accident claim. Whether you were involved in a single-car accident or a multi-car pileup, our car accident lawyers are available to help you recover the compensation you may deserve for your losses.
With over 140 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys are licensed to practice law across the state of Connecticut, and have the knowledge and resources to guide you safely through the personal injury litigation process.
For more information on the legal rights available to car accident injury victims or to schedule a no-obligation consultation with a member of our team, please contact us on 800-PERKINS today!
Alternatively, simply fill out and submit the Free Case Evaluation form – it’s FREE!