What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident
Car accidents can be very stressful. Read the tips below to learn what you should do if you’re involved in a car, truck or motorcycle collision.
- Keep calm as much as possible so you can stay in control of the situation.
- Move as far off the roadway as possible, but stay at the scene of the accident. Warn oncoming traffic by activating your hazard warning lights and/or setting flares.
- Call 911 or the appropriate emergency number to report the crash and obtain immediate medical attention.
- Obtain information – Make sure you get the contact information of all parties who were involved in, or witnessed, the car accident. The more information available to your car accident lawyer, the better he or she will be able to represent you in your claim. Obtain information of all vehicles involved in the crash, including driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, insurance policy numbers, VIN, and the make, model, and year of all vehicles involved.
- Obtain evidence of what happened during the accident and how the collision occurred by taking pictures.
Our Connecticut auto accident lawyers are standing by to review your case. We are sensitive to your situation and are dedicated to helping you get the results you deserve. We offer our clients unmatched service and personalized attention, providing you with custom-made legal options to achieve your desired resolution. Call 800-PERKINS or use our case evaluation form to have your accident claim reviewed for free. Make sure you and your family get the justice you deserve – Put the Power of Perkins to work for you!