Do You Know The Common Motorcycle Accident Causes?
Motorcycle accidents are very traumatic events for Connecticut riders. Motorcyclists are at a disadvantage in most traffic accidents due to the very nature of the bike, and are much more likely to suffer serious injuries or death than the driver of a car. Over 80 percent of motorcycle accidents result in injuries. A motorcycle wreck can be caused by either the driver of a passenger vehicle or the motorcyclist.
Drivers Of Automobiles Make Dangerous Errors
Oftentimes, multivehicle accidents that involve motorcycles are a result of the negligence of the driver of the car. Motorcycles can stop much faster than cars and are more likely to be rear-ended by a negligent driver who is following the bike too closely. Other common driver errors that contribute to motorcycle accidents include:
- Failing to give a motorcycle the full length of the lane
- Failing to see a motorcyclist on the road
- Changing lanes without indicating to the motorcyclist
- Making dangerous left turns at intersections in front of on-coming motorcycles
- Violating the motorcyclist’s right of way
Motorcyclists Also Make Errors
Sometimes, the biker can be at fault for a motorcycle wreck on Connecticut roadways. The following motorcycle operator errors can lead to an accident:
- Riding too fast for the present weather or road conditions
- Making improper or unsafe lane changes
- Following too closely to passenger vehicles
- Disregarding traffic signs or signals
- Riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Lack of riding experience or defensive driving skills
Connecticut Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers understand that it is often challenging to fight the prejudices that many people have against motorcyclists when an accident happens. It is important for all Connecticut bikers to be aware of the legal rights available to them after an accident has occurred. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Connecticut motorcycle wreck, complete the free case evaluation form located on this page to schedule a no-obligation and confidential consultation with a member of our team. You may be eligible to recover losses from medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your accident. Call 800-PERKINS or use our contact form.