If you or a family member has been involved in a Hartford truck accident, you’ll need a skilled and experienced lawyer who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve.
At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, our Hartford truck accident lawyers are well versed in the finer points and technical aspects of a truck accident. This is critical for winning your case. You can trust that each of our lawyers is committed to getting you the compensation you deserve as swiftly as possible.
Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers have a proven track record of successfully resolving client cases quickly. Make a strong case on your behalf by letting our Hartford truck accident lawyers represent you.
Common Causes of Hartford Truck Accidents
- Faulty truck components: In some cases, the truck driver is not to blame for the collision at all. When a vehicle’s mechanical components fail, such as its brakes or tires, the driver may find themselves unexpectedly losing control of the truck.
- Insufficient maintenance: Commercial trucks must be inspected and serviced regularly under federal and state legislation. If any safety hazards are detected during regular maintenance, the truck should not be put back into operation until they are fixed. There are many times when a mishap can be linked back to a maintenance failure.
- Distracted driving: All road users are in danger when someone is driving while distracted. Distracted driving is hazardous when operating a truck or tractor-trailer because of the vehicle’s immense size. Due to the monotony of long-distance trucking, truckers may lose focus or become overly dependent on their mobile phones.
- Fatigued driving: Driver exhaustion is a widespread problem for truckers, and it can be quite dangerous. In fact, driving for over eight hours doubles the risk of a crash, according to the IIHS. Even though federal law mandates at least 30 minutes of rest per eight hours behind the wheel, some truckers and trucking companies choose to ignore this mandate.
- Impaired driving. It is extremely dangerous to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, especially when you’re behind the wheel of a trailer or truck. When a truck driver is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, their decision-making skills and reflexes are impaired, leading to an accident.
- Reckless driving: All Connecticut drivers, including truckers, must abide by the state’s traffic regulations. Speeding, running red lights, and tailgating are just a few of the offenses that can result in terrible accidents if broken recklessly.
- Inadequate training for new drivers: To transport goods, truckers must complete specialized training and acquire a professional driver’s license. There’s a danger to everyone when a trucking company employs incompetent or unskilled drivers.
- Incorrectly loaded cargo: Improper or excessive vehicle loading can cause the truck to tip over. Heavily loaded trucks are more likely to roll over or drop their contents, resulting in traffic jams and vehicle collisions.
Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents
There are several reasons why a truck accident may occur. In addition, due to a truck’s sheer enormity, those in smaller cars are more likely to suffer serious injuries.
Trucking accidents commonly result in:
- Wrongful death
- Rib and torso injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries
Types of Compensation for Truck Accidents
Depending on the severity of you or a loved one’s injuries in a trucking accident, you may be eligible for compensation for a wide range of damages.
These could be:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Various expenses not covered by standard insurance policies
According to the circumstances of each case, the amount of compensation awarded will be different for each victim. To put it another way, damages might be considerably affected by how severely a truck accident victim is injured. Working with an experienced attorney is also critical for compensation because of the Hartford truck accident lawyer’s ability to litigate and present a case in court.
Proving Liability in a Hartford Truck Accident
If a trucking accident occurs in Hartford, numerous parties might be held responsible. The driver and their trucking company come to mind right away for many people. Alternatively, the truck’s cargo transporter, the maker or supplier of faulty truck parts, and other road users could also be held accountable. It is possible to have a wide range of parties responsible for a truck accident, depending on the case’s specifics.
Identifying the party responsible for your trucking accident involves proving the following:
- The negligent party owed you a duty of care: Duty of care refers to the acts that a sensible individual would do in a particular situation to ensure the safety and well-being of other people.
- There was a failure to uphold or breach of duty of care: This means that the negligent party has done something, or neglected to do something, that had resulted in your injury and losses.
- You were injured in the truck accident because of the breach, which resulted in financial and other consequences: You must prove that any liable party’s violation was directly responsible for your injuries.
What expert Hartford truck accident lawyers can do is determine all sources of culpability and insurance options that can help you get the compensation you’re entitled to. A truck accident lawsuit may involve multiple parties liable for your injuries, and excluding even one of them could mean losing out on thousands in recompense.
Get a Hartford Truck Accident Lawyer To Represent Your Case
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, your life might be turned upside down in terms of your finances and physical well-being. The Hartford truck accident lawyers at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers can help. We have the knowledge, skills, and methods required to determine who is to blame and pursue the financial compensation you are entitled to. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.