Fight back with a Waterbury car accident lawyer if you’re injured in a crash
Car accidents can be traumatic and result in serious injuries that have lasting effects on your life.
Even if you are a cautious driver, you could still be injured or killed because of the recklessness or negligence of another motorist. Anyone who has been injured in a Waterbury car accident because of another may be able to recover damages from the at-fault party.
You can count on our Waterbury car accident lawyers to stand by your side if you’ve been injured in a crash. At Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers, we will take swift action to ensure that you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
Steps To Take After a Car Accident in Waterbury
In the event of an injury claim, knowing the steps to take following a car collision can put you in the best possible position to win. Keep in mind to do the following if you’ve been in a vehicle crash:
- Contact the police: An official police record can be useful when negotiating with your insurance provider.
- Document the accident site: Snap photos of the cars, any injuries that have occurred, the road conditions, other people’s driver’s licenses, and anything else that may be relevant.
- Take note of the other party’s details: Gather the insurance details and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties involved.
- Seek medical treatment: Go to the emergency room or see your doctor even if it seems like you’re fine right after the crash. In some cases, it may be tricky to prove that a collision was the primary cause of an injury that occurs later.
- Contact the legal team from Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers: Our Waterbury car accident attorneys can help you understand your legal rights and options for compensation
Connecticut’s Car Accident Legislation
Even though a lawyer can guide you through the maze of laws and rules governing car accidents in Connecticut, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the basics too. Your chances of successfully negotiating with insurance providers will improve if you do.
- Fault laws: Connecticut is a fault-based state. To put it another way, whoever was to blame for the car crash will be held accountable for covering the damages. The liable party’s insurance provider, on the other hand, might require evidence of negligence.
- Comparative negligence law: If your share of liability in the collision is not more than 50%, the modified comparative negligence principle may nevertheless allow you to recover damages proportional to your fault.
- Statute of limitations: Connecticut has a two-year statute of limitations for bringing a personal injury claim following a car accident. Otherwise, you will be deprived of your legal entitlement to compensation.
If you have questions concerning the laws relevant to your car accident case, our attorneys will be happy to answer them. We’ll do everything we can to make sure you get what you’re due.
The Most Common Causes of Car Crashes in Waterbury
Connecticut’s roads are growing increasingly busy. Our state’s highways are perilous because of the combination of traffic congestion and reckless driving. Waterbury is not exempt from the same careless driving habits that are to blame for countless deaths and injuries on the country’s highways.
Here are some of the most leading causes of car collisions:
- Speeding: You have less time to respond to unforeseen circumstances if you drive too fast. Drivers and passengers are more likely to suffer severe injuries in a car accident if the vehicle’s speed is higher at the time of impact.
- Distracted driving: This is the most common cause of catastrophic car crashes in the United States. Everything can go wrong in a quick second when you’re distracted by your phone, GPS, or something else.
- Reckless driving: Drivers with a brash demeanor frequently change lanes, tailgate, and drive aggressively, with no concern for the safety of others. Avoiding reckless drivers is the wisest course of action when you see them on the road.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers under the influence of alcohol have slowed reflexes and poorer judgment. They put everyone else on the road in danger whenever they take the wheel.
- Fatigued driving: Driving while tired is almost as risky as driving while intoxicated. A driver’s reaction speed and field of vision may be compromised if they are tired.
- Vehicle problems: Everyone involved in a car accident tends to blame the other driver right away. However, the vehicle or component manufacturer may be responsible in some cases. Situations like this include brake failure, seat belt malfunction, fuel tank defect, and faulty tires.
The Most Common Car Crash Injuries?
Although some car accidents only result in minor scrapes, others can cause severe and deadly bodily injuries. The following are common injuries sustained in car crashes:
- Severe burns
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lost limbs or amputation
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
Getting Compensation for a Car Accident in Waterbury
Your losses will be thoroughly evaluated and taken into account before a resolution is reached in your claim. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Our car accident lawyer in Waterbury will fight tirelessly to guarantee that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your numerous injuries, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and capacity to earn
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
A Waterbury car accident attorney can assist you in creating a detailed list of all your damages. As such, you’ll have better chances of getting your financial situation back on track.
Let Our Waterbury Car Accident Lawyers Represent You
After a terrible injury, you or your loved one needs a lawyer who will fight for your rights with the same tenacity. For many years, our attorneys at Jonathan Perkins Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of Connecticut citizens who have been injured in car collisions.
Contact us today to discuss your case.